Frequently Asked Questions
In a rush? Here's all the information you need in quick-to-absorb form:
- What are they?
Etre Touchy Gloves are a stylish way of keeping your hands warm while using your mobile phone, smartphone, iPod, iPad, camera and other electronic devices.
Their missing thumb and index fingertips provide the freedom to text, tweet and touch—while also allowing you to snap photos, take notes and shoot film in wintry conditions.
- What are they for?
Etre Touchy Gloves are compatible with all manner of different things:
- …including all iPhone, Nokia, Samsung, Sony, HTC, Blackberry, LG, Motorola and Palm devices.
- Mobile phones
- Tablets and other touchscreen devices
- …including all iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, Amazon Kindle Fire, Microsoft Surface, Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy Tab/Note, Sony Xperia Tablet, Acer Iconia, Asus FonePad/Transformer Pad and Lenovo IdeaPad/IdeaTab/ThinkPad devices.
- Stylus-operated devices
- …including all PDAs.
- Portable video games systems
- …including Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP), Sony PlayStation Vita and Nintendo DS/3DS/DSi.
- iPods and other portable media players
- …including Microsoft Zune and all MP3/MP4 players.
- e-Book readers
- …including all Amazon Kindle/Kindle Paperwhite, Sony Reader, Barnes & Noble Nook and Kobo devices.
- Camcorders and professional video cameras
- Who created them?
- Where are they manufactured?
The British Isles.
Our virgin wool and cashmere gloves are manufactured in Scotland at a family-run mill that is more than 150 years old. We choose to work with this mill because they source responsibly, have a wealth of experience and share our commitment to quality. (They make gloves for other leading fashion brands, such as Gucci, Paul Smith and Margaret Howell too.)
Our leather gloves are hand-stitched and finished by one of the last surviving glove manufacturers in England—a family-run business that opened in 1944.
- What are they made from?
Virgin wool, cashmere or leather.
Our virgin wool is sourced from Australia and our cashmeres from the steppes of China and Mongolia—areas synonymous with quality yarn. (Maintaining this quality is a key part of the manufacturing process and, as such, the yarn is treated with the utmost care throughout, using state of the art machinery to prevent fibre damage.)
Our leather gloves are made from Hairsheep ("Cabretta") leather—material widely acknowledged as the finest available for gloving—sourced responsibly from local farms in Ethiopia and painstakingly prepared to ensure that it is both tough in structure and extremely flexible (thereby yielding a product that is both hard-wearing and comfortable). The skins used are all by-products of the meat industry. (Pairs are unlined and feature a piped vent at the cuff.)
- What styles are available?
Our Autumn/Winter 2014 Collection consists of the following styles:
- Virgin wool
- Black with Grey trim
- Ecru and Crimson Fairisle with Black trim
- Light Grey with Charcoal and Crimson stripes
- Oxford Blue with Ecru stripes
- Black with Camel trim
- Navy with Parchment hand-stitching and piping
- Virgin wool
- What sizes are available?
Each style is available in the following sizes:
- Small (Children's)
- Where can I buy them?