Etre will not collect any personal information about you unless you have chosen to give it to us. Therefore, this Web Site is structured so that, except where you purchase goods from us and in respect of cookies (see "Cookies", below), you can visit it without either identifying yourself or revealing any personal information about yourself.
Etre will handle all your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "DPA").
Etre will typically collect details provided by you during the course of a transaction with Etre (this may include when you purchase any item from us or sign up to one of our newsletters). The details we will collect may include your email address or postal address and other relevant personal information including details of your purchasing history with us. (Etre does not store the credit or debit card numbers of any payment cards you use when transacting on our websites.) We may also collect information relating to your visits to our web site (see "Cookies" below). We will process this information in order to:
- respond to an enquiry or to provide you with further information that you may request; or
- to enter into a contract with you for the purchase of goods supplied by us and to process payments linked to such contracts;
- to keep a record of transactions we have entered into with you or correspondence with you;
- to notify you of products, information or services which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- to improve our services and to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Web Site.
Any personal information collected will be treated as confidential and, save as set out below, Etre will not disclose any of your personal information except with your specific permission.
This personal information may also be used to communicate with you, to support your customer relationship with Etre, to contact you for market research purposes, to ask you to provide us with additional information in order to improve our services, to ensure that content from the Web Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or to notify you about changes to our products and/or service. In such instances, Etre will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such unsolicited communications.
Etre has tried to create a secure and reliable Web Site for you. Etre has put in place appropriate organisational and technical safeguards and security measures given the nature of the information processed by us.
YOU SHOULD NOTE HOWEVER THAT E-MAIL ENQUIRIES ARE TRANSMITTED BY INSECURE MEANS AND STORED OFF-LINE. YOU RECOGNISE THAT THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND THE WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ETRE ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSMITTED VIA THE INTERNET.
Keeping your information secure is key to us. Etre does not sell your information to any third party, but in certain limited circumstances Etre may disclose your personal information to:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985; and/or
- third parties:
- if Etre or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Etre about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if Etre are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Etre, our customers, or others; or to investigate or prevent a crime. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and/or
- to obtain any professional advice; and/or
- necessary for the fulfilment of your order including delivery companies and payment agents; and/or
- with your consent. In these circumstances you will have a choice as to whether we disclose information about you.
Access To Information
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.